KIALI-SECURITY-003 - Installation into ad-hoc namespaces
- Disclosure date: May 11, 2021
- Affected Releases: prior to 1.33.0
- Impact Score: 6.6 - AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:L
A vulnerability was found in the Kiali Operator allowing installation of a specified image into any namespace.
Kiali users are exposed to this vulnerability if all the following conditions are met:
- Kiali operator is used for installation.
- Kiali CR was edited to install an image into an unapproved namespace.
This vulnerability is filed as CVE-2021-3495
If you can update:
- Update to Kiali Operator v1.33.0 or later.
If you can not update:
- Ensure only trusted individuals can create or edit a Kiali CRs (resources of kind “kiali”).
Last modified October 6, 2021 : - restore News to top menu - update relnotes generator to generate markdown (b328cfa)